This one is in my TBR pile … and I think I might need a couple of tissues too 🙂
Warriors of the Heart #1
By Laurie Winter
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age category: Adult
Release Date: 30 June, 2017
One year after her husband is killed in action, Julie Ellis is back in her hometown and focused on raising her young son. Then Reagan Harrison bursts into her life—a cocky, charming linebacker who leaves her off balance.
As a successful, professional athlete, Reagan believes he has it all. But after meeting Julie, he finds every excuse in the book to spend time with her. Despite his best efforts not to fall too hard, Reagan envisions a future with Julie, along with the little boy he’s come to love as his own.
While Reagan’s protective love begins to mend Julie’s spirit, she can’t suppress her continued deep devotion to her late husband’s memory. And when a letter arrives from beyond the grave, Reagan resolves to provide her with the answers she desperately needs to heal. Now Julie must choose either to keep her heart closed off or remove the lock and fight for a future with Reagan. Can a second chance at true love be just as sweet?
You can find Home Field on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29243691-home-field
You can buy Home Field here:
– Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Field-Warriors-Heart-Laurie-Winter-ebook/dp/B0719DXJL6/
– Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/home-field-laurie-winter/1126462402?ean=2940157543419
– Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/home-field-1
– Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Laurie_Winter_Home_Field?id=TNcoDwAAQBAJ
– Wild Rose Press: https://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-titles/5085-home-field.html
“Thanks for understanding me.” Julie softly kissed his cheek. The rough stubble tickled her lips. “Even when I don’t understand myself.” She went to sit in her chair to finish her cup of coffee.
At that moment, she noticed the kitchen. What an unbelievable mess! Who’d actually cooked breakfast…a class of rowdy five-year-olds? She gave Reagan a sideways glance, to see him moving a last piece of waffle around his plate, collecting any remaining egg and syrup. “Did you use every bowl I own?”
He was the messiest cook she’d ever seen. A huge pile of dirty dishes sat on the counter, covered in dried waffle batter and egg. Bits of syrup-laden crumbs dotted the kitchen floor, like a sticky breadcrumb trail.
His smile held no hint of guilt, and he shrugged. “Nobody’s perfect.”
No, not perfect—but he was pretty darn close.
Laurie Winter is a true warrior of the heart. Inspired by her dreams, she creates authentic characters who overcome the odds and find true love. She keeps her life balanced with regular yoga practice and running. When not pounding the pavement or the keyboard, she’s enjoying time with her family, who are scattered between Wisconsin and Michigan. Laurie has three kids and one fantastic husband, all who inspire her to chase her dreams.
You can find and contact Laurie Winter here:
– Website: https://lauriewinter.com/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LaurieWinterAuthor/
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/lauriew_author
– Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3467635.Laurie_Winter
– Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/LWinterauthor/
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lauriewinter_author/
There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of Home Field. One winner will win a reader’s gift basket (US Only). It Includes:
* An Alice in Wonderland inspired teacup and saucer set
* Paperback of ON THE CORNER OF KING STREET by Mary Ellen Taylor
* Paperback of UNDER AN ADIRONDACK SKY by Karen Rock
* a $10 Amazon gift card
Click on the banner below to check out the rest of the tour