The Cowboy’s Christmas Retreat
Top Dog Dude Ranch #2
by Catherine Mann
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: November 1, 2021
After they’ve opened gifts, maybe he’ll unwrap her heart…
Instead of his winter wonderland wedding, Riley Stewart has been jilted. This rodeo champ needs an understanding shoulder, so Riley invites his best friend, Lucy Snyder, her son and their scruffy pooch on his “honeymoon.” But moonlit doggy walks, romantic fires, the glow of Christmas lights—everything is conspiring against their “just friends” resolve. Will this fake honeymoon ignite the real spark Riley and Lucy have denied for so long?
– Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57578460-the-cowboy-s-christmas-retreat
– Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/the-cowboy-s-christmas-retreat-by-catherine-mann
– Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Cowboys-Christmas-Retreat-Dude-Ranch-ebook/dp/B0917KWT3D/
– B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-cowboys-christmas-retreat-catherine-mann/1139117260?ean=9780369710383
– Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/ebook/the-cowboy-s-christmas-retreat
– Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Catherine_Mann_The_Cowboy_s_Christmas_Retreat?id=wRMmEAAAQBAJ
– Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/the-cowboys-christmas-retreat/id1560476739?l=en
– Books a Million: https://www.booksamillion.com/product/9781335408204/
Welcome to Moonlight Ridge, Tennessee, home to the Top Dog Dude Ranch, renowned for family-friendly rustic retreats that heal broken hearts. Some say it’s the majestic mountain vistas. Others vow there’s magic in the hot springs. All agree, there’s something special about the four-legged creatures at the Top Dog Dude Ranch that give guests a “new leash on love.”
First book in the series:
Last-Chance Marriage Rescue (Top Dog Dude Ranch #1) by Catherine Mann
“They’re about to step into a parent trap of their twins’ making!”
– Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58844340-last-chance-marriage-rescue
– Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/last-chance-marriage-rescue-by-catherine-mann
– Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Last-Chance-Marriage-Rescue-Dude-Ranch-ebook/dp/B09166FG85
– B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/last-chance-marriage-rescue-catherine-mann/1139113839?ean=9780369710215
– Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/ebook/last-chance-marriage-rescue
– Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/last-chance-marriage-rescue/id1560330274?l=en
– Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Last_Chance_Marriage_Rescue?id=N5UrEAAAQBAJ&hl=en&gl=US
– Books a Million: https://www.booksamillion.com/product/9781335408075/
Her gaze shot up from the screen to look at him and she could have sworn an awareness crackled between them.
Surely only because they were both alone, treated poorly by someone who’d vowed to love them forever. As she knew all too well from her ugly breakup, the last thing he needed was anything muddling the recovery.
“No worries, Riley assured her, as if reading her thoughts, those brown eyes of his wise and knowing. “The ranch is family friendly and friend friendly, not just romance. And we are friends, Lucy. You’re my best friend.”
“And you’re mine.” She sighed, sagging back onto her heels just as Pickles curled up to sleep beside her. “So, say we’re discussing – just discussing – the possibility of me coming with you to spend Christmas at the Top Dog Dude Ranch. It seems unfair to take the trip without contributing. But I can hardly afford a trip to the corner store, much less a two-week vacation. And there’s missing work…”
A poor excuse at best, since most of the clients for her dog walking business we teachers who would be on Christmas break. She could see that he knew her excuse was thin.
She tried again, unsure why she was resisting when she’d taken so much help from him in the past. Lucy clasped her wrist over where he’d rubbed with his thumb…
Copyright Catherine Mann 2021
Riley and Lucy have been friends forever, supporting each other through life’s ups and downs. A kiss in high school hinted at the possibility of something more but the timing wasn’t right. Now, for the first time, they are in the same place and single at the same time. While they may tell everyone that there is nothing romantic between them, some long buried feelings are starting to surface. And spending time together at a romantic getaway, even with a small chaperone, is only making things more complicated.
Neither Riley nor Lucy has had the greatest history, and trusting in their emotions is hard, so taking a chance on losing a friendship that means so much to both of them is scary. But I felt like Mann does a good job of having them work through their feelings, understanding the seriousness of risking what they have for something more, and making sure that their attraction is real.
Blending together tender moments, holiday charm, and just a smidge of spice to heat things up a bit, Mann’s latest is the perfect read for those looking for a feel-good story to curl up with and while away a few hours. A delightful mix of friends-to-lovers and Christmas enchantment, it’ll leave you happy and satisfied, maybe even wanting a little more of the magic the Top Dog Dude Ranch can bring.
USA Today bestseller Catherine Mann writes contemporary romance for Harlequin, Tule, Berkley, and Sourcebooks. With over seventy-five books released in more than twenty countries, she has won a RITA Award, the Romantic Times Magazine Reviewer’s Choice Award, and the Bookseller’s Best Award. She’s also celebrated six RITA finals, an RT Reviewer’s Award finalist, three Maggie Award of Excellence finals and a Bookseller’s Best win. After years moving around the country bringing up four children, Catherine has settled back in her home state of South Carolina where she lives with her husband. The nest didn’t stay empty long though as they are both active in animal rescue. Catherine enjoys hearing from her readers and can be found online frequently on Facebook. She can also be reached via mail at: PO Box 290762, Columbia SC 29229. (For a free bookmark, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope.)
– Website: https://www.catherinemann.com/
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CatherineMannAuthor
– Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/catherinemannauthor/
– Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/catherinemann/top-dog-dude-ranch/
– Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/93454.Catherine_Mann
– Newsletter: https://www.catherinemann.com/newsletter/
There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of The Cowboy’s Christmas Retreat. Three winners win a copy of Last Chance Marriage Rescue (Top Dog #1) with a PAW-tograph (autograph) from the author’s dog Biscuit. – US Only.
This blog tour is organized by Lola’s Blog Tours and the tour runs from 26 October till 8 November. You can see the tour schedule here: http://www.lolasblogtours.net/blog-tour-the-cowboys-christmas-retreat-by-catherine-mann