Today I’m thrilled to welcome Julie Moffett as she shares her latest book AND a few suggestions on how to … Make 2018 the Year of You!
Who needs New Year resolutions? Psychologists say nearly 85% of all people who make resolutions on New Years Eve break them in less than thirty days. Yikes! Do you want to avoid making, then breaking, your New Year’s Resolution? If yes, I’ll show you how to make 2018 the Year of You! Here is a handy, dandy list of suggestions.
- Plan a Vacation. Start the new year by setting aside a small amount of money every month. If you do it electronically through your bank, it can be set up to come out of your account every month on a certain day(s). Or you can have a vacation jar that you drop loose bills or change into at will. You can save for a small trip or a large one, it doesn’t matter. Research has shown that just thinking about a vacation and daydreaming about the activities is an automatic mood booster. In the spirit of full disclosure, I went to London and Paris this year, and next summer, I’m going to Italy!
- Spend Time Alone Every Day. This is a hard one for a lot of us who have children, and especially for single parents. I admit to hiding in the bathroom just to have a minute to myself. Daily alone time is vital to refresh our mental state. Often our days dissolve into a frazzled disarray of deadlines, responsibilities and stress. We need a bit of breathing room to get ourselves back to where we need to be.
- Show Kindness. Scientific research has proven that giving makes us feel better. Buying a coffee for the person behind you in line, taking time to notice the new haircut on your co-worker, volunteering at a food bank, or asking someone how they are and sticking around to hear the answer. Easy peasy. Remember to give without expecting something in return. Sometimes a simple kindness can save someone’s life and enrich yours in the process.
- Make a Bucket List. This is a fun one. Sit down and write a bucket list of all the things you’ve always wanted to do, but never had the chance. Let your imagination go wild. Keep in mind, this isn’t a one-time list. You can add or delete things from this list. When you complete one item, cross it off. That will give you a sense of excitement and accomplishment.
- Say “No.” So many times we say “yes” to activities or things we do not want to do. Stop it! It’s okay to say no when you don’t have the time or energy to do it. Just be polite and firm.
- Love Yourself. We all have flaws. Let’s get real. No one is perfect. You will make mistakes and bad choices in life. We all Understand that we do the best we can at the time. Mistakes don’t define you. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Think of yourself as your best friend and treat yourself accordingly. You’d forgive your best friend for any transgressions — so do so for yourself.
So, now you are ready to focus on you! Go ahead! Do it! Make 2018 the Year of You! You’re worth it.
A Lexi Carmichael Mystery
by Julie Moffett
Print Length: 243 pages
Publisher: Carina Press (January 1, 2018)
Geek girl Lexi Carmichael has tackled her share of formidable tasks, but nothing quite as daunting as serving as maid of honor at her best friend’s wedding
When I agreed to stand by my best friend, Basia, on her big day, I had no idea what I was in for. Bouquets and unflattering evening wear I can handle. But between disgruntled dates, a beach venue and suspicious packages, what else can go wrong? Oh, right—my parents don’t know I’ve moved in with Slash. Oops?
Thankfully, I’ve got everything semi under control, at least as far as Basia and Xavier know. They can leave for their honeymoon happy, knowing Elvis, Slash and I will keep things safe at home.
Meanwhile, Elvis and Xavier’s boss at ComQuest has asked X-Corp—well, me—to take a quick trip to retrieve a sensitive company package from the British Virgin Islands. No hacking involved. Just show up, accept the package and bring it home safely. A cushy assignment, and a safe one. Right?
Wrong. Things start to unravel the minute I set foot on the boat to the island. Before I know it, I’m up to my neck in thugs, sand and trouble. I’m going to have to work fast to stop the bad guys before the sun sets for good on this unexpected beach vacation…
And don’t miss the rest of Julie Moffett’s Lexi Carmichael Mysteries: No One Lives Twice, No One To Trust, No Money Down, No Place Like Rome, No Biz Like Showbiz, No Test for the Wicked, No Woman Left Behind, No Room for Error, No Strings Attached and No Living Soul, available now from Carina Press!
$50 Amazon giftcard giveaway
Click on the banner below to check out all of the other wonderful authors, Winter Holiday traditions, and reads from Harlequinn