Just in time for Halloween, we have a fun guest blog by author Jessica Lee and a look at her sexy new vampire book Undying Embrace. Check it out below!
Vampires: Your Favorite Good Guy or Bad Guy?
With Halloween only days away, I couldn’t pass up a chance to talk VAMPIRES! Now unlike my vampires in the Enclave series who are sexy alpha heroes, over half of my favorite movies contain vamps as the bad guys.
Here are my top five favorite vampire movies:
5. Salem’s Lot: 1979 film based on the book by Stephen King, starring David Soul. I can remember reading this book when I was a teenager and having to climb out of my bed and close the shades to my bedroom window. I was that scared. The vampires in this novel are monsters who hunt and murder humans, and the film didn’t disappoint in the scary factor either. And oldie but a goodie, as they say.
4. Bram Stoker’s Dracula: 1992 film with Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves, and Anthony Hopkins. Awesome collection of actors with all the spooky darkness of a classic/gothic vampire film. And hey, Keanu Reeves is in it, so you know I’m watching. Again, the vampire here was the evil monster.
3. Daybreakers: 2010 film with Ethan Hawke and William Dafoe. A nice futuristic spin on the vampire mythology. Here you have a mix of vampire good guys vs. vampire bad guys. Lots of fun, gory action.
2. The Lost Boys: 1987 film with Kiefer Sutherland. Oh my gosh! I can’t tell you how many times back in the late eighties/early nineties that I rented this movie. Kiefer Sutherland was the cute vampire you loved to hate.
1. Underworld: 2003 film with Kate Beckinsale. Good vampire vs. Bad Vampires, plus a horde of wolf shifters tossed in for good measure. Great cast. Fun twist on the vampire lore, and a movie I have no trouble watching again and again.
What are your favorites? Do you like your movies with vampires as the romantic and heroic good guys (Twilight), or the monsters (Salem’s Lot or Dracula)?
Thank you, Romantic Reads for allowing me to be a guest on your awesome blog today!
Arran MacLain is a vampire on a suicide mission, driven to kill his former partner who betrayed him and the Enclave they served. But two things stand in his way: Gabrielle, the human female who holds his heart, and the past that won’t let him go. If only death was enough to cleanse his soul.
Gabrielle Steven’s sister is missing. Her hunt for clues brings her face to face with the one vampire she can’t forget. Their missions combine and thrust them into the heart of evil. Will their passion be enough to overcome the pain from their past, or will their dark desires destroy them both?
Carolina Cool Charleston Gift Basket & $20 Amazon GC. If International $50 Amazon E-giftcard.
Almost every author’s bio states they’ve been writing since they learned how to read. It’s what they’ve always wanted to do. Well, my journey wasn’t so straight and narrow. I was a nurse for over twenty years and hold a bachelor’s degree in science with a major in biology. So as you can see, my career path had originally gone in the opposite direction. I didn’t discover my passion for the craft until after I’d had my son and decided to work part-time.
I’ve always loved to read but had never read a paranormal romance. Then one night at work on break, I began reading Karen Marie Moning’s Spell of the Highlander. I couldn’t believe what I’d been missing, and I immediately fell in love with the genre.
I wanted to write like that. I wanted to create worlds where others could find the same escape and fascination I did when I read my first sensual paranormal romance.
And I hope that’s what I’ve accomplished in my work. Please dive in, hold on tight, and enjoy the adventure. Just be careful in the dark—you might find more than you expected waiting for you there.
Jessica Lee lives in the southeastern United States with her husband and son. She loves writing and can’t wait for that quiet time each day when her son is in school, and she can get lost in another place and world with the fantastical, sexy creatures in her head.
She’s a member of Romance Writers of America, FF&P, and Carolina Romance Writers.
10/23: Guest Blog – Kayla’s Place
10/24: Interview/Review – Book Cellar
10/25: Interview or Tens List – Laurie’s Thoughts
10/28: Guest blog – Romantic Reads and Such
11/1: Guest post – Books to Get Lost In
11/2: Spotlight – In Shadows
11/2: Spotlight – You Gotta Read Reviews
11/3: Spotlight – Indie Authors Books and More
11/4: Interview – Becky on Books
11/5: Guest Post/Spotlight – Lusty Penguin Reviews
11/5: Spotlight – My Erotic Notions
11/6: Guest blog/ review – Literal Hotties Naughty Book Reviews
11/7: Spotlight – Mary H. Collins – Author
11/7: Spotlight – As the Page Turns
11/8: Interview – Books n Kisses
11/8: Interview – Romance with Flavor